Considering handling a drunken driving charge on your own? Even if you ultimately decide that this is the right course of action for you, it is a good idea to speak to an attorney about the potential penalties you face. Many lawyers will offer a free initial consultation. You risk losing nothing other than a little bit of time by talking to an attorney.
It is imperative to gain an understanding of just how complicated the legal process is and the serious legal consequences of a DUI charge. Find an attorney who understands DUI laws and who will work with you to reach the best possible outcome for your case. You have many questions so speak with a licensed attorney for accurate advice and competent representation.
Atlanta DUI Lawyers deal with the following legal and financial consequences…
- Administrative License Suspensions – For many the loss of driving privileges is the most serious consequence of a DUI. Prior DUI convictions, refusals, test results and the appeal of your suspension may further affect your ability to maintain a valid license.
- Car insurance cancellation
- MANDATORY JAIL TIME
- A conviction could negatively impact employment opportunities
- Mandatory Community Service
- Impact panels
- Fourth Amendment Waivers
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Ignition Interlock Devices
- House Arrest
- A criminal record…
A criminal defense attorney, particularly one who routinely handles DUI, understands the possible legal challenges that are available to have your case dismissed or penalties reduced. An experienced DUI lawyer understands the required procedures and equipment used by police when making a DUI arrest. The “particulars” of your arrest and your circumstances WILL affect your case and an experienced and trustworthy lawyer will help determine how best to proceed.
Hiring an experienced DUI attorney will greatly improve your chances of success so that you can move forward with your life!